What is Flu ?
The best way to prevent it is by getting vaccinated each year.
Symptoms of Flu
- Fever* of feeling feverish/chills
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Sore throat
- Runny of Stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Some people may have vometing and diarrhea though this is more common in children than adults.
Action To Fight Flu (Treatment & Prevention)
- Take time to get a flu Vaccine.
- A yearly vaccine is first and most important
- Current seasonal flu vaccine provides protection against H1N1 as well.
- Take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough and sneeze.
- Consult your doctor in case you get flu.
- Treatment works best if it is started within 2 days of getting sick.